Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Dear spas and salons offering special "deals",

Whether you are offering your different prices as "sales", "specials", "limited time offers", or Groupons / Living Socials / other deal-of-the-day options, I'm talking to you.  I love a lot of your services. I'm a huge fan of the occasional pamper, and I'd never say no to a well done massage.  I would make pilgrimages to your wonderful stress free oases regularly if I could afford to.  

That said, please start offering deals that are useful!  I'm sure lots of people take you up on your special deal on a very specific and potentially dangerous new fad hair treatment.  I know you "sell out" of your sales on a hot stone- aromatherapeutic-couples-teaching-(insert yogic term here) massage treatment.  Obviously, it is a good business model for you.  But just once, could you please offer x% off any treatment?  Or, Buy one treatment get another free?  I would kill to be able to afford a simple 60 or 90 minute swedish massage, a haircut, and a brow wax. Simple, basic, and no less relaxing than your specialty item that you can't get anyone to book.  

Please, offer a basic sale. I would love to give you my money.

From,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment